Thursday 15 May 2008

Anthropologie

Whilst reading the printpattern blog earlier I came across the American store Anthropologie. It is part of the Urban Outfitters company but is apparently aimed at sligtly older women selling a large selection of homewares. The articles for sale seem to be the kinds of things you would buy if your taste is eclectic and you like a mix of everything. Much of the subject matter the hand stiched lamps, tea towels and cushions seem to be floral or of birds which I find very appealing and I particularly find the beautiful green and blue colour schemes attractive. Many of the products combine print with stitch work, a style of working I hope to develop myself in the future. I am hopeless with a sewing machine but if I only achieve one thing this summer it is to become more competant in this area.
Here are some examples of the gorgeous things for sale:

0 comments: