Tuesday 5 June 2012

New drawing from start to finish

At the moment I am working on a new animal range of cards. I have spent part of the afternoon working on an elephant drawing and decided to document my development of the design in photographs. I always us a propelling pencil as they feel soft and easy to draw with, and then when I use ink I use a Muji 0.5 tip. After being introduced to these at uni I never draw with anything else.






Once the drawing is finished I scan it and open it in Adobe Photoshop. Here I can erase any blemishes and make small alterations if needs be. With the elephant I wanted to change the eyes slightly, and decided the ears were too white with no shading, so I amended that.

I colour all of my designs using Adobe Illustrator. I wanted to add a simple pattern onto the cards background and finally place the elephant into a simple circle, as I have with the rest of my animal cards. I wanted to keep emphasis on the drawing so have kept my designs to two colours with the addition of black and white. Each card will have a different patterned background depending on what I think suits the animal.





1 comments:

saonidesign said...

Great post very informative - good to see how you get to you end result n love the elephant design!